Thankfully, I was able to treadmill it up Friday. I did my tempo run in the morning, followed by lots of stretching and my feeble attempt at pull-ups. I do not think I will ever be able to do one. Oh well.
Today's long run was surprisingly good. I put it off until the afternoon to let the temperature rise above freezing, but it didn't seem to help. I ran fast and got faster by the end. The average pace over 12 miles was 8:23- this is exactly the pace I have to run to qualify for Boston! Holy cow! The cold certainly motivated me to run quickly. My legs are rather sore, but I will survive.
The next few weeks should afford ample opportunities for runs, but they may not be very long. We leave Thursday morning for Northern Virginia to see family for Christmas. My parents live in a great area for running, but it's hard to put down the food long enough to run. I love Christmas. I've signed up for the Resolution Run 5k for New Year's Day, and I'm still planning to run a sub-22:00. My last mile today was around 7:45, and if I can run that after running 11 other miles, I should be able to make my goal if I stay consistent.
- Mon- 3 miles
- Tues- 3-5 miles w/intervals
- Wed- rest
- Thur- 3-5 mile tempo
- Fri- rest
- Sat- 12 miles
- Sun- 4 miles easy
What Really Happened
- Mon- 3-mile treadmill hills
- Tues- 5.5-mile elliptical (it was 24 degrees with a wind chill of 14!)
- Wed- rest (I really should have run instead of resting. I knew the snow and ice was coming...)
- Thur- 5.5-mile elliptical (stupid wintry mix)
- Fri- 5-mile tempo run (.5 warm-up, 3 miles @ 8:13, 1 mile @ 8:00, .5 cool-down)
- Sat- 12-mile long run
- Sun- All signs point to a 3-4 mile slow run with the dogs