Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Settled In

We survived the move!  We moved in Wednesday, closing on two houses (selling and buying) while navigating movers and a U-Haul, with the help of amazing friends who will be paid in Mexican food and margaritas.

At 18 weeks, I can't really help as much as I would have liked.  I thought I kept it really light, but Thursday I was sick as a dog: leave work sick.  I never do that.  I was a vomitous, tired mess.  Friday was a little better, and yesterday I felt human.  I have learned my lesson.  I have to take it easy.

Speaking of 18 weeks, we found out Monday (busy week, right?) that we're having a girl!  I am excited to start decorating, and our families like the idea of shopping and hand-making for a girl.

The bad news about overdoing it on Wednesday is that I still haven't been for a walk in my neighborhood, let alone a run.  There is an easy 1-mile loop for walking, there are trails less than .25 miles away, and today I found a playground exactly 1 mile away.  I've put countless loops on gmap-pedometer.com that range from three to ten miles, but I haven't done any of them and I don't even feel guilty.  I think I'll go for a walk with the dogs tomorrow if I'm still feeling good, and maybe I'll run Tuesday if I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment