Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Resolution Run 5k Recap


Resolution Run 5k
Bryan Park
January 1, 2013
Time: 26:08
25/65 overall
8/37 women
2/6 women 30-34

The Good:


  • Bambino's love of racing! He wore Jenn's number as he strolled. At the last minute, he got out and ran across the finish line. So cute!
  • The price. This race is free except for a 10-can donation to a local food bank. You can pay $5.00 if you want a shirt.
  • This is the best way to start the year that I know. The only thing that would be better would be a 10k option. And more people.
The Bad:
  • 26:06 finish time. I was 10 seconds slower in this race than the Thanksgiving race. Darn. I attribute it to this ornery, persistent cold that's held on for weeks.
  • Cold rain. The weather was not lovely, especially with Jenn pushing the kiddos.
  • Very small field. I love small races, but this was just silly. There was only one walker. ONE. More people need to do this cheap race that benefits a great cause. I will recruit people for next year. I will.
The Ugly:
  • I'm not going to lie. There were a lot of snot rockets this time. Sorry. Good thing it wasn't windy.
  • My face! I cannot take a good picture. Please don't think that I'm fishing for compliments or being too hard on myself. I know I'm pretty. I just manage to screw up most photographs of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment