Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I don't know how far to run this weekend

After Saturday's triumphant 20-miler, I gave myself a few days to figure out a plan for the rest of the month. Well, today is Wednesday and I haven't a clue as to how far to go on my Sunday run. If I feel good, I guess I could attempt 22, but what if it ends badly? I wouldn't have time to redeem my running mojo before the race, and that might psyche me out in Baltimore. 14 Sunday is a tried-and-true distance, so maybe it's the best choice. I still have a few days to decide, but I do better if I can mentally plan for the weekend run. And if I do 14 instead of 22, can I still run longer week after next?

So, if you've done a marathon, how far was your longest run? How many weeks out did you do it? If you've never run 26.2, is there a particular number that has significance in your life that you think I should run? I'm very open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment