Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Why a blog?

I started running in high school because of the wonderful women at InsideOut gym in Memphis, TN. Running began as one-third of triathlon training, but it became indispensable in college and beyond. I luckily found OffnRunning soon after graduating from college. It's been my running home for years.

I ran my first half-marathon in 2005 with my dad. Since then I've run a lot of half-marathons, but this year I'm doing my first 26.2. I've signed up for the Baltimore Marathon on Saturday, October 16.

My goal in starting this blog is to motivate myself (and maybe others) to finish this marathon and then set and reach some new goals. I probably won't qualify for Boston this time around, but I WILL get there eventually.

Happy running, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment