Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Only 10 Days...

I cannot believe that in ten days we'll be in Baltimore for the marathon! This weekend's long run was a non-event; Sunday morning came and I couldn't breathe correctly. Stupid allergies.

It might also be because there was already a car parked where I like to park. Before sunrise I am extremely paranoid. I will not park next to another car for any reason and don't even want a car driving by as I pull in; in my head, each car holds a psychopath stalker intent on my demise. I know it's irrational, but before the sun comes up rational is overrated. I drove around for twenty minutes waiting for the sun to rise. When it did, I discovered that the car parked in my lot was owned by a thirty-something female runner out for her long solo run as well. Had I had an iota of faith in humanity we could have possibly run together or at least exchanged knowing "hey there!" waves as we set off. Oh well.

I managed to squeeze in a six mile run today which left me feeling great. I kept a quick pace (for me) and didn't slow down. I plan to do another six Thursday night from Off n' Running and then run an easy 10 Sunday. It'll be my last long run before race day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll do an easy ten miler Sunday and then hope to not injure myself before the race!

    ReplyDelete