Thursday, April 7, 2011

Streaking

Not that kind, of course!

As of today, I have run four days straight and six of the last seven days.  This probably sounds normal to a lot of runners, but I have a hard time fitting in more than three-four runs per week.  My post-marathon goal- well, one of them- is to run more consistently.  I'm not pushing for crazy long runs, I just want to get out there more often.

Monday- 3 miles

Tuesday- 2.5 miles in the woods (I forgot my garmin, but it's all good.)
Wednesday- 5 miles

Thursday- 4 miles


Holy cow!  That's a lot of running for yours truly.  Tomorrow is a rest day.  I'll probably do yoga with the bambino; he especially loves to do downward dog and then use his head to balance instead of his arms- I will try to get a picture.   Even though baby yoga almost always degrades into jumping on Mama's belly, airplane rides, and push-ups with toddler on the back, it is really fun.  Not exactly restful, but the stress does melt away.  Saturday I may run ten miles with the local group, but I don't really have a desire to go long yet.  We'll see.

On a non-running note, I have been a single parent this week since my better half has been on a field trip.  The family will be reunited tomorrow.  I am beyond excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment