Friday, July 27, 2012

A Perfect Week



This has been a perfect workout week, and it's been a long time since I've had one of those.  Every morning I've woken up around 6:00, fed the still-sleeping baby, and either gone for a run or done some strength training.  Wednesday, Eden and I went to our last Mom and Baby Yoga class before I head back to work next week.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I ran: 2 miles on Monday; Wednesday and Friday 3 miles each.  Despite the humidity, it feels great to run outside.  Tuesday and Thursday I did my circuit routine.  It's almost the same as the one that wrecked my back last week, but instead of one-legged deadlifts, I did plié squats.  I can already see and feel differences in my abs and arms.

Another thing that made this week so nice is that Eden turned three months old on Wednesday!  She weighs in at a petite 11 pounds, 9 ounces and is cute as a button.  I can't believe how fast we've moved from this...



...to this!

Truth be told, she still loves to be worn and I still do it.  But it's not a requirement now; she can entertain herself, and big brother loves to assist.  She is alert, loves to flirt, and only occasionally screams like a relentless banshee.  Best of all, she pretty much sleeps through the night.  Sure, we have hiccups (last night she woke up at 1:00 for a snack), but most nights she is down from 9:00 to 8:00.  I feed her at 6:00 a.m. for my comfort, not for her hunger.

With this perfect week as a confidence booster, I will (attempt to) run five miles tomorrow.  That's the longest I've run since the Cannonball Half Marathon last October.  It's also a good six weeks before I run the Miles for Matthew 10k, which you can donate to here.  (The race is for Matthew, an amazing boy with Duchenne MD.  I taught with his mom for several years.)  It's my first 10k ever and, while I will not be running especially fast, I would really like to finish in under an hour.  

Will next week be perfect, too?  We'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment